Ways to Screw Up Your Life
by Kathy Gates
1. Beat yourself up for every little
mistake. Be sure to constantly tell yourself that you're
'dumb", that you're a failure, and that you'll
never have anything.
2. Hang around people you don't particularly like and
that always put you down.
3. Be a victim. Decide that you have no control, no
power. Complain. Blame everyone else for how unhappy you
4. Live beyond your means, whatever means you have.
Don't plan for the future, don't have any emergency
money. Don't assume that Unexpected Bill will arrive at
5. Dishonor yourself, your health, your body, your mind.
Eat junk food, watch junk TV, read junk print. Lie to
6. Don't control your time. Procrastinate, so that
you're always running late, always rushed, always
harried and hassled.
7. Accept defeat. Give up on life. Decide to be
miserable the rest of your life. Yes, you have that
Professional Life Coach Kathy Gates is the author of
several e-books and e-courses designed to help people
live happier, healthier, easier lives. Sign up for her
ezine, "Make It Happen" at
Mental Health Matters for information
and articles. Get
help to find
a therapist or list
your practice; and Psych
Forums for message boards on a variety of MH topics.
Copyright © Patty Fleener, M.S.W. All