Survivors of Suicide Bulletin
This bulletin board is to be used exclusively by people who have
a friend or love one who has committed suicide. This is a safe
place where your can say what they feel and not be criticized. This
is a place to be accepted for who we are, right where we are, wherever
we are in our recovery. Welcome!
- Suicidal ideation and discussions of suicide are permitted as long
as you are not at immediate risk. Thoughts of suicide are normal for
may of us as we suffer depression, etc. We need to discuss these things
- However, anyone who is actively suicidal (i.e. at risk) is not
permitted into the room as they are encouraged to call 911 immediately.
I have written a suicide crisis intervention page for you
including many resources here.
- You are welcome back into the bulletin board after you have taken
the steps necessary to save your life.
- Discussion of self-mutilation or self-harm can be discussed, again
as long as you mention it in your subject. Discussion of these topics
can be a trigger for some people so we need to protect everyone on
this board. If you feel you may be triggered in anyway by the subject
matter, wait until you are able to handle that subject.
- Self-destructive behavior (speeding, shop-lifting, criminal behavior,
etc.) again are permitted with the subject put in the subject line.
- No arguments are permitted on this bulletin board. It is fine to
say you disagree with someone and why, but it is not appropriate to
rage. This is not the place to rage. This is the place to discuss
[ Mental Health Today ]
Deficit Disorder Today ] [ Bipolar
Disorder Today ] [ Borderline
Personality Disorder Today ] [ Depression
Today ] [ Gender
Identity Disorder Today ] [ Narcissistic
Personality Disorder Today ] [ Schizophrenia
Today ] [ Suicide
Intervention ] [ Mental
Health Matters ] [ Locate
a Therapist ]